Thursday, May 11, 2006

An Apology is due...
To Chris Casey
I received an email Thursday PM from Chris Casey sharing some concerns he and his wife had concerning the content, and title of, this blog.
I need to let everyone know that Chris Casey, candidate for state rep in 134th, is not the author of this blog. I named this blog in honor of one of my favorite stories, Casey AT the bat. Infering that I would like to use a bat to clean up politics in the Lehigh Valley. Chris and I share common interests in baseball and dogs, and also various opinions on local politics. I value my anonymity, as revealing who I am and my role as an employee of local government would have negative repercussions for all. I use this as a vent, and will continue to do so in the future. I will start a new blog, with a new name, in the next week. I'm truly sorry Chris, It really never occured to me that this could negatively hurt your campaign.
I will have postings tommorrow on Charlie Dent, Greta Brown, and what is now a crowded Democratic write in field for the 15th district of congress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernie O'Hare said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Bernie O'Hare said...

I'll be interested to hear what you say about Greta. I was formerly a Green Party member and was not favorably impressed by her. She ran for Congress before, remember that? She pulled out on election eve, betraying all the Greens who had signed her petition or otherwise worked for her. When she announced she was running again, this is what one Green had to say:"[B]efore we support Greta's campaign for Congress, I think there should be some transparency regarding her campaign in 2004, when she at the
last minute, on her own, decided to throw our support to Charles Driscoll, Democrat for Congress. Mr. Driscoll did not even publicly oppose the War in Iraq. The Green Party has been split seriously, for good reason, over such
decisions, and over the anti-Democratic selection of David Cobb for Presidential candidate in 2004, a decision in which our local Green Party representative to the convention participated." Greta better hope she can get 1,000 write-ins from Dems becuase no self-respecting Green will sign a nominating petition on her behalf.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home